Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:

Assassin’s Heart
by Sarah Ahiers

Publisher:  Harper Teen
Release date: February 2, 2016

From Goodreads:
In the kingdom of Lovero, nine rival Families of assassins lawfully kill people for a price. As a highly skilled member of one of these powerful clans, seventeen-year-old Lea Saldana has always trusted in the strength of her Family. Until she awakens to find them murdered and her home in flames. The Da Vias, the Saldanas’ biggest enemy, must be responsible—and Lea should have seen it coming. But her secret relationship with the Da Vias’ son, Val, has clouded her otherwise killer instinct—and given the Da Vias more reason than ever to take her Family down.

Racked with guilt and shattered over Val’s probable betrayal, Lea sets out to even the score, with her heart set on retaliation and only one thought clear in her mind: make the Da Vias pay.

With shades of The Godfather and Romeo and Juliet, this richly imagined fantasy from debut author Sarah Ahiers is a story of love, lies, and the ultimate vengeance.
 
My Thoughts:
This book came out of nowhere for me. It wasn’t originally on my radar and I stumbled across it by accident, and I am so happy I did. The description promises a fantasy of epic proportions. I’ve always been a fan of the paranormal but over the last couple of years it would appear that my tastes have shifted more towards fantasy. Assassin’s Heart seems to have it all; fantasy elements, adventure, action, and romance. Ahiers’ debut novel takes the classic Romeo and Juliet and adds a new unique twist set in a fantasy worlds and with that she managed to capture my attention. I cannot wait to get my hands on this very promising debut.

What book are you most excited about this week?




2 comments:

  1. I got a chance to read this one and I really enjoyed it. It's definitely got all the things you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so excited for this one! I've been stoked for this for a while and can't wait to get my hands on it. Great pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete