Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.


This week’s pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:

Carry On
By Rainbow Rowell


Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin
Release date: October 6, 2015

From Goodreads:
Rainbow Rowell continues to break boundaries with Carry On, an epic fantasy following the triumphs and heartaches of Simon and Baz from her beloved bestseller Fangirl.

Simon Snow just wants to relax and savor his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one will let him. His girlfriend broke up with him, his best friend is a pest, and his mentor keeps trying to hide him away in the mountains where maybe he’ll be safe. Simon can’t even enjoy the fact that his roommate and longtime nemesis is missing, because he can’t stop worrying about the evil git. Plus there are ghosts. And vampires. And actual evil things trying to shut Simon down. When you’re the most powerful magician the world has ever known, you never get to relax and savor anything.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.

My Thoughts:
I am a huge Rainbow Rowell fan. I've read all her books, some multiple times. Fangirl is by far my absolute favorite and I was always curious about the world she created at Watford School of Magicks. When she announced that she was going to write Carry On I was beyond excited. Rowell managed to capture my attention with snippets of the story that were shared in Fangirl; I really wanted to know more about Simon and Baz.

The cover is so simple and powerful. I am absolutely in love with it and I can't wait to receive my copy of this book. This is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Carry On will be released on October 6, 2015.

There is a giveaway on Goodreads going on until September 30, 2015. If you would like to enter, click on the cover picture above. Good luck!

Is this on your list of most anticipated releases of the year? Let me know in the comments below. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you I loved Fangirl and the world created for the story inside the story so when she said she was going to give us a full story! Fangirl heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she announced this book, lots of squealing and happy dancing might have happened ;)

      Delete