Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.


This week’s pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:

Six of Crows
By Leigh Bardugo


Publisher:  Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Release date: September 29, 2015

From Goodreads:
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

My Thoughts:
I just finished The Grisha trilogy and I already miss the world Leigh Bardugo created. It is one of my favorite fantasy worlds in YA literature and I cannot wait to return to it. The events of Six of Crows take place before the events in The Grisha Trilogy. You don't need to read The Grisha Trilogy before reading Six of Crows, as they are not related besides taking place in the same world. If Six of Crows is your first read, you'll just be introduced to an amazing world that will stay with you for a very long time once you finish the book. I am super excited for Six of Crows to be available. The premise, the world, the author, and the cover are all attracting me to this book.

I am cover lusting when it comes to Six of Crows. Leigh Bardugo posted a video of the cover and inside of the book on her twitter; you can check it out here. Blew me away! I was a drooling mess while watching this. I can't wait to hold it, and pet it, and hug it, and love it, and read it :D

Is this on your TBR list? How exited are for its release?

2 comments:

  1. You know this is on my list! Maybe we can read it together like we did the trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! I already got my copy so I am ready whenever you are. :)

    ReplyDelete