Saturday, July 25, 2015

Stacking the Shelves #2

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga’s Reviews. Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, physical or virtual. This includes books you buy from your local bookstore or online, ebooks, ARCs, and books you borrow from your friends or library.
If you want to find out more about Stacking the Shelves, please visit the official launch page!

My July book haul was quite massive so I decided to write two posts. BookOutlet had tons of books from my wishlist and I had 2 coupons, so I ended up with lots and lots of goodies. YAY! I only received my first order, which is just perfect for splitting my haul between two posts. :)

Physical Books:
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
I read this book a while back and absolutely loved it; it’s a beautiful retelling of Beauty and the Beast with a few extra twists. This was the first book I ever wrote a review for. You can read my review of Cruel Beauty here.


Masque of the Red Death & Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
To be honest I don’t know anything about this duology, but I saw it on BookOutlet and decided I should check them out. These beautiful covers are what drew me to purchase the books and I am looking forward to reading them.


The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
I cannot wait to read this! I’ve only heard amazing things about it on all the blogs I follow.

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Again, this is a book that seemed to get a lot of love on Booktube and blogs I follow so I had to get my hands on it.

Winterspell by Claire Legrand
I absolutely love The Nutcracker and when I saw that this is a retelling of that story, I absolutely had to get this on my shelf!

Every You Every Me by David Levithan
I recently read Every Day by David Levithan and absolutely fell in love with his writing style; so when I saw this available on BookOutlet I jumped right on it.

The Spectacular Now by Tim Harp
This has been around for a while and it seems like pretty much everyone has either read the book or seen the movie. I haven’t done either, but I plan to fix that soon.

Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
This is another book that I happened to come across while browsing BookOutlet that I know nothing about. However, the description seemed very intriguing and I sometimes love a good old fashioned standalone that I can devour in one sitting.

Coldspell by Jackson Pearce
I recently read As You Wish by Jackson Pearce and really enjoyed her storytelling abilities. Coldspell is the last book in the Retold Fairytales Series and while I don’t have the first 3 books in the series, I found this at a very good price so I had to grab it. I will purchase the rest as soon as I find time to read them.

Purity by Jackson Pearce
This is a standalone, and as I found As You Wish an extremely adorable story, I thought I should get more from this amazing author.

Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
I know nothing about this book except that a few of my book friends own it, so I thought it would an opportunity to buy and discuss with them once I read it.

37 Things I love (in no particular order) by Kekla Magoon
This is another book I seemed to just come across while browsing BookOutlet that just captured my attention so I decided to give it a try.

Ebooks:

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy: Daughter of Smoke and Bone; Days of Blood and Starlight; and, Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
I already own the hardcover box set for this trilogy, but they were on the Kindle Daily Deal for $1.99 each and I couldn’t pass on the opportunity.



A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
I’ve had this book on my wishlist for a while and I still think I will need to get this in hardcover because that cover is just too pretty, but again this was on sale for one day only at $1.99 and I had to get it for my kindle.


Borrowed Books:
The Diviners by Libba Bray
I actually own a physical copy of this book as well. I bought it a few months ago, but never got around to it. When I saw it available at my local library as an audiobook I checked it out to enjoy during my daily commute. I heard great things about this book and with the sequel being released soon it’s time for me to finally check it out.

Links to Reviews Posted in July:

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo



We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



If you read any of these books, let me know your thoughts in the comments below; you can include links to reviews. I always read them :)  

8 comments:

  1. You got some spectacular books in your haul this week. Have a lovely weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am super excited to start reading them! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul! Hope you enjoy your books and have a great weekend.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many amazing books! I loved The Bone Season & the sequel is even better. We Were Liars is extremely awesome!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited about The Bone Season. Everyone keeps talking about it and I'm super excited I finally got my hands on it. Hope to get to it soon. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. So, I haven't read Cruel Beauty, but that cover art is fantastic! It makes me want to read it! Plus, I've always liked Beauty and the Beast. :-p

    Also, I had an opportunity to meet David Levithan. Wouldn't have met him without Eve! He's pretty awesome. Amusing as all get out. I haven't read any of his work yet, but I'm sure his personality sinks into his stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved Cruel Beauty. That was also the first book I ever wrote a review for which I found very fitting since Beauty and the Beast has always been a favorite.

    I fell in love with David Levithan's writing style and I only read 1.5 books by him thus far. I cannot wait to finish the one I started already, Another Day, and then pick up Every You, Every Me.

    ReplyDelete